Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Saturday, April 29, 2023

Is it a Tiger?

It's a tough life, but somebody has to live it.


We had rain most of yesterday, now cloudy but mild. Perennials are popping up, as well as weeds. They like the cool, wet weather. We had a nice visit with Neighbor Bill yesterday morning, then a little of my planned cleaning for the day. It's working to take it in blocks. Of course it will be never-ending, by the time I get an entire room done, I'll need to start over again and never advance to another space! Oh, the problems of my life! I think I may have convinced Bill to try some vitamins. I'm surprised he was unaware of the need for D3 in the far northern states where we get less sun. About a decade ago through blood testing I found I had almost none, so it's been a daily dose ever since. I also talked to him about B12 being helpful with anxiety and mood in general. I am hoping he listened, it won't hurt to take vitamins and it could certainly help. You know, I had a doctor in 2019 think I was anti-vax because I take D, E and B12, along with a probiotic. She called me a supplement person, saying they usually are anti-vaxers. She later commented on how good my D level was, especially for March in Minnesota. I said because I take vitamin D. Duh. I'm thinking maybe we need a reboot, like a computer, in doctors thinking.

Oh, well. 

10 comments:

Boud said...

I don't like doctors who slot everyone into their own thinking. It's just not bright to class people who understand supplements with anti vaxxers who understand practically nothing.

For generations people in Northern Europe have started babies on cod liver oil at a few weeks old because of the vital D and A in it. I fired an endo who tried to argue this point with me.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Ack Doctors...they just practice:(

Sandra said...

Boud, I've unfortunately seen a lot of that lately. How did vitamins make me a supplement person? How did feeling hopeless over my condition and the lack of interest in helping me make me mentally unstable? I didn't know about giving babies cod-liver oil, but it makes sense.

Sandra said...

Far Side, I guess practice hasn't made them perfect!

Val Ewing said...

Ewww, I had cod liver oil as a kid. Yuck. Mom made us go outside and play all winter as well as all summer. We ate from the garden and snacked from the forest and the gardens.

So often people get pigeon holed into a category which shouldn't happen as every patient is an individual. However it does happen.

Look at the standard questionnaire for patients. Does it really take place of having a heart to heart talk with an understanding doctor? Nope.

Those vitamins are also recommended for Age related macular degeneration!
My biggest issue is finding good vitamins...

Bohemian said...

Princess T is taking an Rx strength Vitamin D Supplement right now, she stays inside too much and got depleted. I'm outside all the time so my levels are probably naturally high. Love the pix of the Fur Babies. As for housekeeping, I'm so indifferent about it right now and I shouldn't be, it's cluttered and messy, if I whipped it into shape it would probably stay that way... it's just, doing it. After the Holidays I just never really put everything away and I've put Inventory in the House to price, which is something I had told myself I wouldn't do anymore. But, a climate controlled space to Price things is important. The Antique Mall isn't strong in Sales right now so I'm rather couldn't care less about spending a lot of time trying to stimulate trade that just isn't there. So, my Mood Boosters are in the doing what is enjoyable right now and not what I need to do. *LOL*

e said...


I think you will eventually figure this out. I hope your neighbor stays well.

Sandra said...

Val, there is no family doctor anymore. It's an assembly line business and I don't think any of the participants are particularly happy.

I have never had cod liver oil. I was also told to go outside, not for my health but to get me out of the house.

Sandra said...

Dawn, I wouldn't think of anyone living in AZ as needing a vitamin D supplement, If you don't get outside you are not getting the benefits of the sun, though.

You have so much going on around you all the time I don't know how you manage anything. But you do. I had zero motivation yesterday, so I finished a book!

Sandra said...

e, I feel I am figuring it out. The neurologist who nudged me toward Google knew I was in a category that wouldn't likely get help. I have gone through symptoms, fine tuned on the symptoms and feel I have an autoimmune caused by limited absorption of iron and thyroid. One interferes with the other. I had nearly every symptom for it. I started taking iron and vitamin A over a month ago. I had dry cracking for months at the corners of my mouth that wouldn't go away no matter what ointment or moisturizer I used. Last week they were gone. The darkness under my eyes is better, my nails aren't breaking down to the the skin of the fingers anymore and the constant pealing away of the skin around the cuticles is better. I'm still a little sallow, but it's getting better.