Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, April 6, 2023

The Green-Eyed Monster

New cookware arrived yesterday. It's too pretty to use.


Does this look like the face of a demon?

 

He has developed into a constant terror. He spends a lot of time-out in the screened porch. He has also influenced the other two, making triple trouble. No good deed goes unpunished? He is cute, I can give him that.

It's a nice day, sunshine and 20 F. I made vegetable stock yesterday and plan to make chicken & wild rice soup today. Mark is busy with taxes and my horses. I'm busy with a crazed cat. You don't know what you are missing!

12 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

That is some gorgeous cookware. Is it ceramic?

Sandra said...

Lori, no. It’s that product that’s being called granite. I haven’t used it yet. I didn’t need all of this but it ends up costing less to buy a set than a few pots.

Far Side of Fifty said...

We finally have some sunshine up here on the frozen tundra. Pretty handles on that cookware!

Boud said...

That cookware does look nice. But I'm still clinging to my cast iron! You're certainly welcome to that angelic (looking) cat.

Sandra said...

You got a big snow storm up there, Far Side. You're due for some sunshine. The cookware looks like something to be displayed in a fancy kitchen and never used!

Sandra said...

Boud, I use my cast iron pans, but I needed a couple more small pots and a new pot for pasta. I have a huge pasta pot but it's too big for use alone. One of my cast irons belonged to my grandma.

He is obtuse, like no cat I've know. And I've known a lot!

Anonymous said...

The Face of an Angel 😇 and Heart❤️ of a Devil👿....lol... Dawn the Bohemian

Sandra said...

Dawn, yes indeed. He is undaunted!

Barwitzki said...

Nice pots and pans... so happy cooking then. I have a lot of fresh green asparagus with ham and cheese in potatoes today :-)))
We had frost tonight and sunshine this morning... d. H. my coffee on the terrace. I love it.
Yes cute cat :-))))

Val Ewing said...

Nice looking pans. Almost too pretty to use!

I have never gotten the knack of cast iron cooking. I know. Me bad.

Sandra said...

Barwitzki, thanks for the visit and comment. Asparagus, cheese and potatoes, you can't go wrong with that! We are going to warm up fast now.

Sandra said...

Val, they are! Not bad. I don't know how to use a light box!!