Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Hello Snow

It was in the mid 80s F all last week. Yesterday there was rain and overnight, snow. My weather app says we got thirteen inches but it obviously melted as it hit the ground. This won't last long.


 
My son's wife was without a vehicle for a couple of days. Something stopped working on her car that was going to cost too much to fix. He wanted something they could pay cash for that was in the best shape they could get for the money. He came home with a truck. He has a Ford Expedition, she now has a Chevy Sierra. Matthew told me she wasn't delighted that he chose a truck, he said he couldn't pass it up. I got a text yesterday that she loves her truck and is dissing him for having a Ford! He asked me what is wrong with truck people! When he bought it I told him she would come to like it. GMC and Chevy trucks are lower to the ground, which doesn't mean as much to 5'10" her as it does to me. I also told him she's going to appreciate the ride. The suspension isn't as rigid as Ford or Dodge. My brilliant son said to me, oh that's right, you've had trucks. Um, ya. I did a lot of distance hauling with a horse trailer and appreciate the more car-like suspension of a Chevy. We are now a truck family.


Keep on truckin'.......

6 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

We got snow also but not very much maybe 3 inches. My brother has a fleet of Chevy Trucks for his business and he likes them all:)

Sandra said...

I've had a GMC and I have a Chevy. For me, I'm short, it's still a climb but much better than the other two. Ford things everyone is 6'6"! I've had my current truck for 25 years. I'll never need to buy another, my trailering days are over.

Val Ewing said...

We had GM and Chevy's for hauling. The old truck now sits in the yard just waiting for someone to haul it away.
We owned trucks too for so many years.

I switched to something more fuel efficient when I had to drive 60 miles round trip to work.
Now I am a Subaru person forever.
Nice truck though! I wish ours still worked.

Sandra said...

Val, I don't do anymore hauling, either, but the truck is in good shape, has about 130,000 highway miles and is a diesel, so that's low mileage! We gave my Jeep to Bill and drive my mother's Buick. You want fuel efficiency with a commute like that.

The Happy Whisk said...

I LOVE trucks. When we just went to get a second car a few weeks ago there were no trucks we could swing. Went with a Ford EcoSport though and I LOOOOOOOVE it. A friend came by to take me for groceries when we had no car and I loved her EcoSport so much that I was thrilled to find one the next day!

Sandra said...

A truck has always been a utility vehicle for me, Ivy. That said, I like trucks, too! I'm happy you got a vehicle you like.