Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Saturday, April 8, 2023

Hmm, Hmm Good


I was going through bread recipes I'd saved and came upon this. I had not made it and thought, hmmm, that fast? If bread making is daunting to you, give this a try. It's simple and the bread is good. I made it per recipe, next time I'll mix white whole wheat and all purpose flour. I didn't have honey so I used sugar. I did not put the salt in with the sugar and yeast, instead mixed it into the flour. This is a recipe I found on Pinterest. Try it, you'll like it!



 






We are heading into a too fast warm-up. We will actually have an 80 F day next week, yikes! We still have heavy snow cover. I don't think there is a normal anymore. Mark has unplugged all the water tank heaters but left them in the tanks, just incase. 80 degrees one day, 20 the next. Who knows?

I started listening to Women Talking, by Miriam Toews yesterday afternoon. I think it's been made into a movie. Patriarchy supported by religion. 

Try this bread, really. It is going to be a success. 

8 comments:

Boud said...

About the bread: noted. I do love bread.

Sandra said...

It's simple, fast and good. With all purpose flour it's a soft texture, went really well with soup and then with tomato sauce!

Bohemian said...

I used to have a Bread Machine, the Loaves were tiny tho' and we'd eat the whole Loaf in one sitting. I should try making an easy recipe Bread, there is nothing quite like Fresh Baked Breads. Your Weather sounds like ours, it is Spring one day and Winter the next... and now it's nearing the triple digits one day and then 60 the next, which is just Crazy.

Val Ewing said...

Looks yummy. I need to hire a cook maybe??? LOL.

Sandra said...

Dawn, I haven't used a bread machine. Something like this is done in about an hour. It surprised the heck out of me that it's good. It is a rollercoaster weather ride!

Sandra said...

Val, you could make this bread, it's so simple.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Your weather for next week sounds much like we are expecting, yikes indeed! We are trying to eat less bear, but this may be one recioe to try in future if I can use whole wheat flour.

Sandra said...

Beatrice, I made a loaf yesterday 50/50 whole wheat & all purpose flour. It's more dense but very good.