Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, April 5, 2023

No Title Today

We had a wet, dreary day yesterday. The rain was light, which is a good thing. Today is cloudy and chilly but no rain.

A dry goods Costco order came  this morning. I needed baking powder and that was the only thing I thought about when I added this to the cart. Never gave a thought to, you know, this is Costco. 4 LB of baking powder. Oh. my.


I'm going to need to up my biscuit game. 


I buy these pappardelle noodles through an online company, Thrive Market. They are about as close to homemade as it can get. They made a really good and quick meal last evening. As long as I have pasta, olive oil, butter and cheese we will not go hungry! This has a little sausage. I asked Mark if he'd like sausage. I got a look. Dumb question.

Otherwise, just another day on the homestead. Mark is busy, I am not. I'm going to do a few organizing things later in the day. It's a place to start. This is the third week on thyroid medication. My mind is clearer, my mood is elevated but my pain and fatigue are still with me. I know, it takes awhile. BTW, arrested and charged! That can lift an American's spirits, an American who believes all are equal under the law. The trial isn't until February, how much you wanna bet he'll claim exemption due to being a candidate? I'll leave it there. Bastard.

Well, my small rant, I guess it needed to come out. Let us all have the best day we can muster.

11 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

And he might get elected again! :)

Sandra said...

Far Side, yes he might. Which speaks volumes about the culture of the US. P.T Barnum supposedly said there's a sucker born every minute. Seems so.

Boud said...

I'm glad the thyroid med seems to working. As you say, it takes a while to get the full effect.

You're knowledgeable about online food sources. I only know misfits. Maybe I should broaden my repertoire.

Boud said...

Except I do buy my tea from Harney's and my milk powder from Judees and Bobs Red Mill.

Lori Skoog said...

It the big B keeps doing what he is doing, the judge will move up the trial to put some gag orders on him. I love those noodles and feel the same about creating easy meals if I have those ingredients. Sounds like the meds are heading you in the right direction...good news.

Anonymous said...

I want all the other charges to start rolling in and end this nightmare.
I hope you keep improving.
Take Care
Kaye

Sandra said...

Boud, I used these sources even before the pandemic. I can pick up groceries at Aldi by using the Instacart app and just pay a very small fee.

Sandra said...

Different laws for different folks, Lori. I like egg noodles. They are easy to make but easier to open the package!

Sandra said...

Kaye, we are in very serious trouble if he skates on all the things he's done.

Anonymous said...

One would think a Convicted Felon could not be President...but they can... just can't Vote... that is ludicrous. I hope he becomes a Convicted Felon... ideally serving Time... would the Secret Service be required to go with him I wonder? LOL... In a perfect World he'd just drop dead... Dawn the Bohemian

Sandra said...

Dawn, ludicrous is the word alright. W've wondered about the secret service, too.