Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Monday, April 17, 2023

It Does Fly

This little munchkin turns forty-nine today. My towhead now has black hair, how did that happen? I guess my genetics were stronger than the bio-dad. He was a joyful little twerp.


This was yesterday's weather. Snowy and blowy all day, just like it was on the day he was born. The sun is out today and it's melting away. 



Mark is presently in hyperdrive. Tomorrow is tax day. His work would drive me nuts, but then what I did for decades makes no sense to most people. So there you have it. 


We went from mid 80s F to mid 20s F Friday night. It's one of the things that comes with this place called Minnesota. Today will reach around 50. I had some good soup to get us through Saturday lunch. We both appreciated it as the wind roared and the snow blew. 

How did my little boy become a forty-nine year old man with a deep love for a Yorkie? The Yorkie part I get, but if he's forty-nine, well I don't want to consider my own age!
 

13 comments:

Boud said...

Happy birthday to him, and happy anniversary of becoming someone's mom! Don't do the math, it's depressing. Speaking as the mom of a 55 year old, born just before I turned 30, considered very old then to have a firstborn. Just look now!

Sandra said...

Boud, it was considered old at 30. Now it's not common to start before 30. I will take your advice and not do the math!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little boy! His smile brings joy and I am sure it still does..

Take Care,
Kaye

Val Ewing said...

I often wonder why my kids are aging and I'm not. But of course I am.
That temperature change was just plain evil and very nasty of Mom Nature. She must be off her bi-polar meds.

Lori Skoog said...

Your Minnesota weather is something! Although we have had some serious ups and downs too. In the 80s yesterday and right now in the high 30s. You consistantly make the most gorgeous soups!
Happy Birthday to your son....Our daughters are soon to be 53 and the other is 55. Imagine how we feel?????

Sandra said...

Kaye, he was a happy and funny child. He's a good guy.

Sandra said...

Val, HA! It's not unusual for us to have those temperature swings. The thing is, now we know it won't last.

Sandra said...

Lori, I have seen you are bouncing around weather-wise. Thanks, I anointed myself years ago as The Soup Goddess! I love soup.

You look too young for kids that age!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Birthday to your son! I think we all have our favorite breed of dogs:)

Sandra said...

The Yorkie was a stray who was following him around as he walked the path around Shingle Creek. He happened to be on the phone with me. I told him to take the dog home and see if there's an owner. They posted him on all the sites and checked for a chip. That's maybe 5 years ago. They are inseparable. I love dogs, but I really love basset hounds!

The Happy Whisk said...

Food looks good and Happy 49! The years, they really whoosh past, eh?

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Forget wondering how you became mom to someone nearly 50, Sandra as I am sure you are glad. My husband wonders the same about being dad to his mid and late 40s daughters. As I never had children myself, I don't have the same concernšŸ˜‰

Sandra said...

Beatrice, so you can happily ignore your age! I am always reminded on April 17th. Ah, well....