Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Our Transition Month

Out my window.
  
A high of 77 F today and a couple of days in the 80s. Then back to low 40s. Last week we were covered in snow.



It seems odd to have the door to the porch open when there is snow on the ground. Gatto is amazed it can be open and he can come and go without pestering someone. Kind of takes all the pleasure out of it.

I made a loaf of caraway rye with the simple recipe today. Tomorrow I'm going to try buckwheat and then next einkorn. I put the extra loaves in the freezer. I'm fascinated at the moment, so I may as well get as many loaves made as I can before the newness wears off.

That's all there is. Spring will come next month and then there will be new items of conversation. Oh, boy!


8 comments:

Boud said...

Funny about the surprise at the open door! Maybe he forgot it could. I like the idea of stockpiling bread while the urge lasts. I never want to make more than one batch of it though.

Sandra said...

Boud, I don’t think he lived in a house. I think he is under a year old but he isn’t any older than that. He was so friendly I thought he may have been inside at some time, but he was clueless about a house. He really was confused by the door being open! Making more than one batch is easy with this quick recipe. I made einkorn today. Buckwheat tomorrow.

Lori Skoog said...

I'm glad your snow is disappearing. It's dried out a lot here. We will be in the 70s for the next 5 days and that is fine with me. Smart, making bread and freezing it.

Val Ewing said...

We went from wet to dry with fire watches today. But it was nice and warm and I loved it!

Looks like the snow will be gone soon. Or should I say snud? Sno-mud.

Sandra said...

Lori, the snow went fast. I am enjoying putting the loaves together, so I may as well do it. I made einkorn bread yesterday afternoon.

Sandra said...

Val, snud!!!! Fire watches, really? That was fast.

e said...

your temperatures sound like Florida!

Sandra said...

e, I used to live in Atlanta and our summer humidity has become like it is there.