Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Saturday, August 24, 2024

Ari

WF Airs Above Ground
1997-2014








Lori had asked for some photos undersaddle, so I chose some of Ari, as well as some of him as a young 'un. He was a Grand Prix potential, if I had continued pursuing it, but I lost interest in all of that eventually. His sire went Grand Prix. He was a wonderful riding horse, no spooks. If something bothered him he stopped. I'd hit the ground often enough from that quick Arabian side step and drop! I do have his brother, Ben. He has some spooks. 

I will occasionally post more undersaddle photos of various horses. I have a few!

18 comments:

Pixie said...

You were lucky to have spent your life with horses. Love the photos.

Rita said...

Don't they look magnificent! Wow! :)

Sandra said...

I have been fortunate, Pixie. They are wonderful companions.

Sandra said...

Ari was a beautiful horse. The photo of Ari and the bay, as youngsters and Ari and the pinto are the two who were born that same year.

The Happy Whisk said...

No spooks sounds good.

Boud said...

These are great pictures of wonderful horses, each better than the last. Are you enjoying this memory lane stroll?

peppylady (Dora) said...

I miss being involved with horses.

Lori Skoog said...

Yay! Thank you for posting these photos! You have had and still have some gorgeous horses. Are you riding him in that last photo?

Val Ewing said...

Just wow! I sure love running down memory lane with horse photos. Thanks so much!

The Happy Whisk said...

Am I in Spam again? I wonder if it has to do with where I am when I comment?

Sandra said...

Yes. The years sort of melt together. Lots of years, lots of horses.

Sandra said...

The noble beasts, Dora.

Sandra said...

Yes, Lori. This was 2008, we had trailered to a farm in western WI belonging to someone I knew on a horse forum. She invited several people to ride there. We took Ari and Isabella.

Sandra said...

Val, I have lots of photos! Lots. 😄

Sandra said...

Yes you were! I check spam everyday, so I always find you!

The Happy Whisk said...

I wonder why on some blogs my comment shows and then into Spam. I wonder if it also has to do with where I am when reading blogs. Not sure. Though it does happen often. Oh, Blogger and their weird things.

Sandra said...

Blogger does odd things. I often find old comments not only by others but by me in spam. I keep my eye on it because it's predictable I will find something there!

CheerfulMonk said...

Thank you! Beautiful horses. ❤️