Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Hip Hip Hurrah

This once was a dining table. 





 Sheet pan meal. I am getting quite lazy when it comes to cooking. Fortunately, easy can also be flavorful.

I listened to the introduction of Tim Walz as the VP candidate yesterday in Philly. It has been a long time since I felt that pumped. I was actually pumping my arms and laughing hard. He nailed it and then some. This is why I chose to vote for him when he first ran for governor. There were three Democratic candidates. They sat with a reporter and answered questions. Two of them waffled quite a bit. He did not. He answered. That was it. We were in it for him. He is deeply disliked by a portion of Minnesota, which is not a surprise. I have found him to be a steady leader, one who is not infallible, but a person who tries and usually hits the mark. It says well of VP Harris to have chosen him.


20 comments:

Boud said...

My fave was his remark that crime was up under T***p "and that's not even counting the crimes he committed "!

Ami said...

I'm still saying "YES!!" to 'mind your own damn business'.
I was already planning to vote against Dumold, but now I have a candidate duo to vote FOR.

Sandra said...

I laughed out loud at this. Boud!!

Sandra said...

My feelings exactly, Ami. You know, live and let live. Stay in your own back yard. How 'bout Don't tread on me. Then I won't tread on you?

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your sheet meal looks great! :)

Sandra said...

Thank you Far Side. They are the most simple meal ever!

Anonymous said...

That’s lazy? Not in my house. 😀. /AC

Sandra said...

AC, turn on the oven, line a sheet pan, coat everything in olive oil and seasoning. Bake for 30 minutes. Easy as can be!

CheerfulMonk said...

Fingers crossed for Harris and Walz. I’m excited by her choice. 😊

Miss Merry said...

Dinner looks great! I love a good sheet pan meal, too. I like him. Very down to earth. I am partial since I am an IVF gramma.

Val Ewing said...

*I'll debate him if ....long pause...he can get off the couch.* I laughed SO hard.
I was really impressed by Gov Shapiro's intro too. He is a motivational speaker for sure.

I go for anyone with a positive outlook. Negative outlooks suck and drag a person down.

Rita said...

I haven't felt this way since Obama's speeches. And now there are two good speakers! He is great! I was smiling and chuckling several times. Hope. Positivity. That is what we need more than ever! :)

Sandra said...

MissMerry. It is so good to be hopeful and feel positive. What is with the problem they now have with IVF? What is with the people who think all of this is just grand?

Sandra said...

I had to look the couch reference up, I wasn't aware of the meaning. 😂 Positivity beats feeling down and out every time, Val.

Sandra said...

It sure is, Rita. Frankly, a month ago I didn't have any hope.

Sandra said...

So am I, Cheerful.

Pixie said...

I feel much safer knowing that Harris and Walz are running against the trumpkin. As for your lazy meal, on a sheet pan, looks amazing.

Sandra said...

Sheet pan meals are a gift from the gods, Pixie. A weight has been lifted off all people paying attention. Now we have to win and some states have been manipulating the process. We really need to dump that bad idea of an electoral college. I never gave it much thought since it and the popular vote always matched, at least in my lifetime. Now the last 2 Republican presidents were put in by the electoral college (and the Supreme Court).

The Happy Whisk said...

I'm all for simple easy and yummy meals. Those are wonderful. I'm in.

e said...

Looks good! and so does Gatto.