Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Monday, September 19, 2022

HELLO MONDAY.

HOW YA DOIN?



It's a Monday Monday on my patch of earth. It's a Monday from hell for Mark, clear liquids all day. Then a procedure tomorrow. Mark doesn't do well without food. I'm going to feel guilty eating, but not that guilty, I'll do it anyway.

After tomorrow we have a stretch of autumn weather. I appreciate that. Everyone and thing on this place appreciates that. I got the sliders I ordered from oofos. They are helping my feet which in turn must help my back. Hopefully I will be able to be on my feet a little more. Mark wants me to go to the Mayo but that is difficult for us, having horses and a dog. I'll figure it out if I don't see improvement in a month.

I know I've mentioned I save the woody bits of asparagus to make soup. It's a process and if I didn't have the time I wouldn't do it. But I do. I have it in the Instant Pot with veg scrapes, some chicken bones and water. It has to cook a long time to break down the fibrous stalks. Mark can have the soup tomorrow, he's supposed to take it easy on what he eats for a couple of days after the procedure. He's got homemade chicken stock for today. I roasted a chicken last evening for Mark's last meal, for one day, so that will be available for him tomorrow, too. Poor dear man.

I'm watching Frieda watch the birds with a hunters intent. She will lay at the back door, chirruping as they flit in the dogwoods, knowing she can take them. Murderous little tortie.

That's all the excitement around here. A man yearning for food, a tortie yearning for birds and, well me, making soup.




5 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Good Monday to you too. I guess I missed this. Went to be early last night...

How did things go with Mark?

Hubby and I always love to tease each other if there is a fasting lab or something going on.

I can't wait for soup days again!

Sandra said...

Val, he's doing good. I picked him up about 11:15, came home and had lunch. He says he feels pretty good. He just took Keetah out to get the mail. It's so hot and humid we had a chicken salad sandwich, too hot for soup.

Pixie said...

Glad to hear his procedure went well. I'll have to take a look at those shoes. My foot is slowly, oh so slowly, getting better. Being off work helps.

Sandra said...

Pixie, I bought what they call sliders. They are a slip-on, on sale for $30. The shoes sell for much more, so I bought these to see if it helped. They have, although my back is a long way from well, this helps. They are a combo of soft yet firm. I will use these as slippers if I buy the shows.

Val Ewing said...

Thanks for the update!