Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Friday, September 2, 2022

Too Hot. Isn't it September?


Boud, this is how to make herbed salt. Herbs of your choice. julochka, who put me onto it, also used edible flowers, which makes it prettier than mine without. Dry them, dehydrator or low oven. When dry, crush them and mix with sea salt. Easy-peasy.

I did make stuffed zucchini last night. I rallied for the cause. I took this photo because it looked so bright and fresh. The lighting is always a little off at the stove, but it still looks fresh. I have enough leftover sausage and tomatoes plus farro to make dinner tonight. Yay, me!

I think I probably have Covid. My symptoms are the same, just less intense, than when I had it last year. I'm not terribly ill, just enough to not feel good. Mark hasn't any symptoms, but he didn't get sick when I had it before, so that is good. It may not be, but I'll treat it as if it is and Mark hasn't anywhere he needs to go. The first time I had it boosters weren't available yet and it was still the Delta variant. My son has tested positive for it three times, once Delta, twice Omicron. It's a good thing he is vaccinated and boosted, he is in a work environment that is close and not a lot of air movement. We'll be getting the next booster when it's available.

It's going to be another 90 F and humid day. Not feeling well along with that makes me whiney. It's going to end today so I won't bother with the a/c. It's a lot to close and then open windows. I'll sit in the room with the great ceiling fan, finish my book and do my best impression of a wilted flower.

Ciao bella mia.

10 comments:

Boud said...

Thank you for the salt mix. I have dried basil already, one of those accidental additions in a,misfits box. So I'll try it asap.

Sorry you're not well. Veging out is a good idea.

Sandra said...

You are welcome, Boud. I'm going to use it on Mark's creamy cucumbers. It smells fantastic.

I'm going to finish my book and hope I'm better tomorrow.

Val Ewing said...

Dang, hope this passes fairly quickly.

We'll be getting our fall boosters too when it is available.

What a beautiful dish you made, so colorful!

Sandra said...

Me, too, Val.

I thought it looked vibrant so I had to photograph it and of course, post it!

Lori Skoog said...

Did you take a Covid Test? A lot of them are available in our area, so we take them before playing bridge with a friend who is on chemo. We did not get your high temp today. In the 80s, but not very humid and breezy. I have started on the first book of. series and am not doing very well. It just has not grabbed me yet. Hope you feel better very soon!!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you feel better soon. I had a very off day also....perhaps it is the weather:)

Pixie said...

Hope you feel better soon. The heat makes it worse too I find.

Sandra said...

Lori, not this time. I did when I had it last year. I feel a little better right now. It's going to be a nice day, low 70s. I finished Still Life by Sarah Winman.

Sandra said...

Far Side, maybe it is the weather, at least is sure doesn't help. Hope you feel better, so far I am.

Sandra said...

Pixie, it sure does. The humidity has been awful.