Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Have I Mentioned Tomatoes?


 have had a lousy few days of sinus issues. It's truly amazing how that can knock the wind right out of a person. My time has been in bed or in my over-stuffed chair I have humbled named the throne chair. I have been plowing through audiobooks, my extreme gratitude to the public library system.

I had a burst (ha!) of energy and decided to dry some more tomatoes and I will bring some of the whole ones to the freezer after lunch. I'm dehydrating some yellow plum tomatoes and will make Pesto Giallo. I have no idea if there is a pesto called that but it's pesto and it's yellow! Maybe Pesto Oro? We had a light frost overnight so Mark covered the two heavy producing tomato plants with sheets. I don't recall ever doing that before. By this time the plants are mostly done for the season.

A positive for me is Mark needs to go to the post office, which means he will pick up fried chicken from the deli. Cooks night off! 

I will leave with a photo of our lovely tuxedo boy, Black McCool.


He and his brother, Tabs Hunter, were part-time house cats until Keetah moved in. They were too skittish to be inside with her. When he was born I mis-identified him as female. Mark kept telling me he had to be male because all he did was whine. He was right!

4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty cat! I have the same sinus "stuff" maybe after a good hard freeze it will get better...I take Sudafed and it helps.

Sandra said...

Yes, I think a hard frost will make a difference. I take Claritin, it helps some. When Mark went to town I meant to have him pick some sinus medication for me. I completely forgot.

Blackie Boy is a very pretty boy. And a whiner!

Val Ewing said...

We had the same problem here only worse for hubby. Hopefully this will settle down soon!

Sandra said...

It seems to be going around, Val.